Is expected to sign spending bill.
- Spending cuts has put America at risk
- My job is to keep America safe
- Recent budget cuts have put America at great risk, omnibus reverses that
- signing budget bill as matter of national security
- No one read it. I will never sign another bill like this again.
- We wanted to include DACA but Democrats would not do it
- Calling on Congress to give President a line item veto for all future spending bills
- Will be starting work on some new wall, and fixing existing walls at some points.
- Have 1.6B for the wall that will start immediately
- Defense spending will go up at a record pace.
He answered a question at the end saying:
- I think the stock market will be great
The defense contractors stocks are big beneficiaries:
- Lockheed Martin is up 3.97%
- Northrup Grumman is up 3.98%
- Raytheon is up 3.64%
- Boeing is up 2.34%
The overall stock market is not going higher:
- The Nasdaq is down -40 points vs -26 points at the start of the speech.
- The S&P is down -8.8 points vs -3.33 points at the start.