Week declines are not pretty.
The US stocks got smashed again. The Nasdaq is closing below the 7000 level at 6992.668. The S&P is closing right near its 200 day MA at 2585.22. The low reached 2585.89.
The numbers for the day and the week:
- The S&P index fell -2.10% or -55.43 points at 2588.26. For the week, the S&P fell -5.95%
- The Nasdaq fell -2.43% or -174.01 points at 6992.67. For the week, the Nasdaq fell -6.54%
- The Dow fell -1.77% or -424.69 points at 23533.20. For the week, the Dow fell -5.67%
For the year:
- The S&P is now down -3.19%
- The Nasdaq is still holding to a 1.29% gain
- The Dow is down -4.80%.