ECB executive board member Coeure now talking to CNBC 6 April
- ECB rate guidance will gain in importance
- will see change in the mix of policy instruments
- market can look through market impact of trade spat
- ECB has seen some uptick in recent inflation numbers
Really? Still a long way to go.
- European govts should have used low rates better
- disappointed with some reforms in EU
- wage pressure slow to translate into prices
- Brexit is a concern, deal must maintain EU’s integrity
EURUSD still nudging higher at 1.2244 after a steady climb from 1.2220 as general USD supply prevails. GBPUSD up to 1.4014 and USDJPY down to 107.35 after another failure into 107.50.
GBPUSD has sell interest/offers 1.4020-30. EURUSD 1.2250 then 1.2260 and 1.2280