UK FTSE lags
Most of the European indices are ending the session with decent gains. A lower EUR, more dovish ECB and global stability (for the day), has helped the equities.
- German Dax rose 1%
- France’s CAC rose 0.6%
- UK FTSE was unchanged. The GBP moved higher today.
- Spain’s Ibex fell -0.1%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB rose 1.27%
- Portugal’s PSI20 rose 0.51%
In the 10 year debt sector, yields were mostly higher:
- Germany 0.513%, +1.4 basis points
- France 0.750%, +1.1 basis points
- UK 1.452%, +6.3 basis points
- Spain 1.254%, -1.8 basis points
- Italy 1.813%, +1.0 basis points
- Portugal 1.702%, unchanged
In other markets as London/Europe exits:
- Spot gold $16.15 4-1.18% at $1337
- WTI crude oil futures down $.16 or -0.25% at $66.65
- Bitcoin is up $730 at $7620. The high did extend above the $8000 level after trading as low as $6767 earlier in the session.
At the NA midday, the GBP is the strongest. The CHF is the weakest. The USD remains higher overall, but remains lower vs the GBP and the NZD.