CFTC Commitments of Traders highlights for the week ending April 17, 2018:
- EUR long 151K vs 147K long last week.
- GBP long 48K vs 43K long last week.
- JPY long 3K vs 4K short last week.
- CHF short 11K vs 11K short last week.
- CAD short 30K vs 32K long last week.
- AUD short 10k vs 3K short last week.
- NZD long 27K vs 22K long last week.
- Last week’s data
This euro position looks crazy. The data has been poor lately.
The New Zealand dollar is another interesting one. Adjusted for volumes, that’s a hefty net long and it’s been torched this week with a 2.5% fall.
One we don’t mention is the Mexican peso. The next long is 102K now. That’s extreme and if the NAFTA deal were to fall apart somehow, it would be ugly.