CFTC commitment of traders highlights for the trading week ending April 3, 2018
- EUR long 134K vs 141K long last week. Longs trimmed 7K
- GBP long 40K vs 34K long last week. Longs increased by 6K.
- JPY long 4K vs 4K short last week. Longs increased by 8K.
- CHF short 10K vs 9K short last week. Shorts increased by 1K
- CAD short 32K vs 27K short last week. Shorts increased by 5K.
- AUD square vs 8k long last week. Longs trimmed 8K.
- NZD long 18K vs 18K long. No change.
Overall, the net positions saw limited changes of net speculative positions.
- EUR longs remain the largest position but lower by 7K. The EUR is ending lower but off the lows
- The GBP long increased a little. The price is higher on the week and trades near the highs for the week
- The JPY position switched from short to long this week, but near unchanged levels
- CAD shorts increased, and the CAD went higher against those shorts
- Traders are trying to pick a bottom in the pair. It is higher from a week ago.